Carer and Community Support is committed to practices which ensure the security and confidentiality of information received from carers. The information you give us is managed according to a set of guidelines designed to protect your identity and privacy. Some things you may like to know include:
- We will never give information to other parties or organisations without your consent*
- We will gain information in a sensitive and non-obtrusive manner
- Information will be securely stored at Carer and Community Support. Only authorised personnel and you have the right to access the information held in your file
- Inactive files will be destroyed after five years
- Permission will be sought before taking notes, recording during carer interviews or using any information that we have gathered about you
- Any matter raised by carers with the Board of Directors will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
*unless required by law