Young Carers Support
The Young Carer Team at Carer and Community Support
Carer and Community Support have been around for over 30 years supporting Carers of all ages and their families throughout Adelaide.
The Young Carer Team aim to provide Young Carers with a friendly face and access to support to empower and help achieve better outcomes for them and their families.
Who is a Young Carer?
A child or a young person aged between 5 and 25 caring for a parent(s), sibling(s) or grandparent with a disability or mental health challenges is a Young Carer.
Young Carers may:
- Help with shopping
- Keep company and assist with emotional regulation
- Help with day-to-day household chores, including cooking
- Assist with personal hygiene
- Assist with dressing
- Assist with paying bills and money management
- Help getting to medical appointments
- Medication management
- Assist with heavy lifting
Young Carers can face many challenges, including:
- Increased isolation from friends and peers
- Difficulty maintaining attendance of school
- Disengagement from school
- Difficulty maintaining employment
- Increased mental health and wellbeing challenges
- Difficulty in accessing transport
- Lack of time for self
- Lack of support
Carer and Community Support can assist Young Carers in the Southern and Eastern regions of Adelaide, through:
- 1:1 support
- Goal setting
- Education and employment advocacy
- Connection to community
- Connection to support networks and services
- Connection to the Carer Gateway
Young Carer Vibe Tribe
Our new Young Carer Vibe Tribe is a monthly Friday afternoon gathering of Young Carers on our Young Carer Support Service Program.
Young Carer Vibe Tribe is a free fun activity based program aimed at increasing each participant’s connection, also providing a break from their caring role and building strong relationships.
Young Carer Vibe Tribe operates in Southern and Eastern regions of Adelaide.
Carer and Community Support - Charity Model
Through our newly developed Charity Model, Young Carers can access a range of courses and programs aimed at improving their wellbeing, education and employment opportunities, and support network and community connection outcomes.
Young Carer Camps
First Aid and Mindfulness training
Carer and Community Support hosted events.
Young Carers aged 5 to 25 maybe eligible.
For more information and to check your Young Carer’s eligibility for this program, please complete the form below save and email to Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8274 6101